On a mission to develop and implement marketing strategies for small and medium-sized businesses that generate leads, increase sales and improve customer retention rates. Here’s how it all began…
After graduating university in 2002, I worked in a couple of different marketing roles before ending up as the General Manager of a small orthodontic laboratory. For six years I looked after all front-end processes – everything from marketing to customer service, business development, event management, finance, payroll, purchasing, human resources and IT&C. Whilst this all-round business experience was invaluable at such an early stage of my professional career, marketing was my true passion.
In 2010 I went in search of a dedicated full-time marketing role. I worked across a variety of industries – not-for-profit state sporting association, wholesale eyewear, aged care and retirement living, performing arts, real estate/property investment and financial services – and my responsibilities covered the entire marketing mix. My proudest achievements include:
- Writing media releases that were picked up by local newspapers and industry websites
- Contributing monthly articles for equestrian magazine The Horse Downunder
- Making cold calls that increased sponsorship by 40%
- Submitting grant applications that earned over $30,000 in government funding
- Working on a new style guide and launching a new look product catalogue
- Launching a new website with an online store and international sub sites
- Organising attendance at numerous national and international trade shows, winning two awards along the way
- Creating email campaigns with an average open rate, and click thru rate, above industry benchmarks
- Supporting the implementation of a six month partnership with 2UE radio that included a weekly on-air presenting role for the company CEO
Out of a desire to work from home, in 2017 I accepted an opportunity to work as a freelance social media manager for a car dealership. Within nine months of managing their Facebook page I achieved an increase of 4.5% in likes, 90% in engagement and 1,017% in reach through a combination of organic and paid strategies.
Today I divide my time between a part-time corporate gig and freelance client work.
Diploma of Digital Marketing – Shaw Academy, 2016
Bachelor of Commerce, majors in Marketing and Business Information Systems – University of Wollongong, 2002
Social media marketing
Finalist Illawarra Women in Business Customer Focus Award 2019 (c/- TBC Distribution)
Best Stand 18m2 and Under – Safety in Action Darwin Trade Show, March 2014 (c/- Piranha Eyewear)
Best Stand 18m2 and Under – Queensland Safety Show, June 2013 (c/- Piranha Eyewear)
Sport Leadership Grants and Scholarship for Women Recipient – Australian Sports Commission, 2011/2012 (c/- Pony Club Association of NSW)
Want to work together? Let’s chat
GET IN TOUCH